A mafia-inspired paranormal romance

• Bret Greenfield
  • Avatar de Bret Greenfield Autor do Tópico
  • JCB! Novato
  • JCB! Novato
Mais
4 anos 1 mês atrás #102215 por Bret Greenfield
Bret Greenfield created the topic: A mafia-inspired paranormal romance
In this month's 7 Questions interview, we talk to Christine Feehan, author of Shadow Rider, the first book in her new paranormal romance series about a family with a magical ability to secretly travel through the shadows. Feehan, a number one New York Times bestselling author of more than 40 novels, lives in Northern California with her husband.

Describe your latest novel in one sentence.
A man from a powerful family who moves within the shadows to exact justice finds a woman with a secret of her own.

What inspired this new series?
My mind plays around with mafia-like stories, and I read a lot of true crime. I wanted to come up with a story that would give me a powerful family and a small community. Over the last three years, the characters evolved into the Shadow Riders series.

Did you do any special research for this book?
Yes, I had to spend a lot of time researching Italy. I tried to get a feel for their shops, language, etc. to build my own community here in the United States that reflects those roots. I spent time researching longtime family feuds in Italy and researching Little Italy in Chicago, and I had to research mafia families both here and in Italy.

What’s your favorite trait of Stefano Ferraro?
The way he loves his family.

What do you think the biggest misconception about romance is?
I think it’s that many believe they’re not heavily researched, well-crafted stories that have everything from mystery and thrills to comedy and drama. The difference is there is always an HEA. [Editor’s Note: HEA means “happily ever after” in romance parlance!]

Do you think you’ll ever publish anything outside of the paranormal romance genre?
I never say never. Shadow Rider is the closest to this point.

What’s next for you?
I am looking forward to my next Sea Haven series after my last Bound book. I will be writing a motorcycle series set in the town of Sea Haven, which readers know from my Drake Sisters series and my Sisters of the Heart series.
Download: run 3 apk online.

Please Entrar ou Registrar to join the conversation.